Safe, Equitable and Inclusive Schools
All of our students have the right to a welcoming, caring and safe learning environment. The schools in the Upper Grand District School board are committed to ensuring that our policies and procedures promote a positive school climate for all of our students. To do this takes more than just a commitment by staff within a building. A whole school community approach involving all educational and community partners is essential for us to build school communities where each of our students has an equal opportunity to reach their full academic potential.
We also are very conscious of the important role that parents and families play in the social and behavioural development of our students. Working alongside parents to share best practices, to identify the specific needs of our students and to receive feedback on the work we are doing is a critical component to our success.
We are very thankful to have such a broad scope of school and community supports in place to assist us in our endeavours. Staff, students and community partners are instrumental contributors to the work we do to create safe and positive learning environments. This webpage details the work of our school communities and provides links to the many components and initiatives that come together to promote safe, inclusive and accepting school including:
- Equity and Inclusion
- 504 Equity and Inclusive Education Policy Statement
- 504-A Equity and Inclusive Education Procedures Manual
- 504-B Guidelines for Creed Accommodation
- 504-C Gender Accommodation Guidelines
- Ontario’s Equity and Inclusive Education Strategy – 2009
- Equity and Inclusive Education in Ontario Schools: Guidelines for policy Development and Implementation (2014)
- Ontario’s 3-year Anti-Racism Strategic Plan (PDF)
- First Nations, Métis and Inuit Education
- Religious/Creed Accommodation
- Safe and Inclusive Schools
- Social Justice