Automated emails indicating homeroom teacher assignments are going out to families on Friday, September 2 in the late afternoon. If your family does not receive an email, please don’t worry. There will be staff available on the front yard Tuesday morning from 8:15 who can help direct your child.
Aberfoyle staff are very excited to welcome students back to school! Please see the following reminders:
- The first day for all students in JK to Grade 8 is Tuesday, September 6th, 2022.
- Starting at 8:15 am on Tuesday September 6, teachers will be on the yard in the location illustrated on the map below.
- Staff wearing vests will be located on the front and back yards, as well as by the front door to assist you and/or your children to find your teacher.
- Bus students will be greeted by staff and let off one bus at a time on the first day. Staff will ensure everyone knows where they are headed and will assist any child with questions or concerns.
- If students are arriving with a parent/guardian, they may be accompanied to their designated meeting area. After dropping off their child(ren), parents/guardians are kindly asked to leave the property as we try to reduce crowding.
- Parents/Guardians of students from K-3 who are not taking the bus should connect with their child(ren)’s teacher to inform them of end of day plans including who will be picking up.
- Unless there is a storm on the first day, we will be meeting outside. Please bring an umbrella if necessary!
- ·If your child has medications or other items that need to be kept at the office, please come to the table at the front of the school
- If your child is going to be away for the day, please call the office (519-763-7040). There is voicemail that can be accessed 24 hours a day at extension 100.
- We follow a safe arrival policy. If we are not informed of the reason for a child’s absence, we will call parents (home, cell, work). If we still cannot get a hold of someone, we will call emergency contacts.
- If you are dropping off your child after the start of the school day, please come to the front door (office window to the left of the front doors) or call the office (519-763-7040)
End of Day Routines:
- Staff will remain on supervision until 3:05pm. The climber is closed to students at the end of the day.
- Classes will be escorted by the teacher to exit the building using their designated exit door
- Parents who are meeting their children on the property are asked to meet on the front tarmac (buses will no longer be parked there)
- Bus students in Kindergarten-Grade 2 will be escorted to the busses
- Bus patrols will monitor attendance as students board the bus
- Students must sit in their assigned seats
- If your child is present at school but not taking the bus home, please be sure to contact the school to help ensure the bus can depart on time (or fill out the online form: bit.do/apsbus)
- If you are driving your child to or from school, please note that the Township enforces parking regulations in front of the school. A student drop-off area will is designated on the school side of Old Brock Rd., in front of the fence. This is the only place where stopping is allowed and is meant for quick drop offs (students need to be able to get out on their own). If you are dropping off or picking up your child during the school day, parking/stopping is allowed on the other side of Old Brock Rd. between 9am and 2pm.
- The best place to park if you need to accompany your child to/from the school is at the Community Centre/Library. There is a crossing guard who will be there starting on September 6 to help cross Brock Rd.