Updates For February 14-18, 2022
Hello Alma Families! Here are the 5 things you need to know today to keep up to date this week:
- In case you missed it, report cards were available online for your child as of Tuesday, February 15. You can find reports here: https://mwweb.ugdsb.on.ca/alma/parents. If you require assistance, please contact the school office.
- The Ministry of Education continues to provide the UGDSB with updates about the loosening of restrictions and protocols surrounding COVID-19. We realize that for some students and families, these changes will be welcome, but for others, there will be a period of adjustment to new routines. Our Alma staff is committed to helping your child through these transitions as they happen. As always, if you have questions or concerns along the way, please reach out. Some changes announced this week include shifting furniture back to more traditional classroom setups and planning towards starting up clubs and extracurricular activities. As the UGDSB processes the changes and adjusts its policies and procedures, we will continue to adapt our practices here at Alma PS. Please trust, as always, that the safety and well-being of your child are always front of mind as we look to implement these changes. Thank you for your continued support and patience as we navigate these adjustments.
- Earlier this week we shared that the Alma Optimists Club is hosting an Elmira Chicken Fundraiser in support of our school. The fundraising form was sent to parents and guardians via email. As well, we will be starting our school’s Milk Program next week. You can find out more information in your email.
- The UGDSB Parent Involvement Committee is hosting a virtual event on March 2nd from 7:00 to 9:00 pm. This session will focus on how parents can support their children in future education and career planning in grades 7 to 12 through “My Blueprint” and on gaining insight into how assessment in elementary and secondary classes can support student achievement. To register, please visit: https://ugdsb.eventbuilder.com/PIC2022.
- There are a lot of fun events happening at Alma PS this month, including:
- Random Act of Kindness Day – Thursday, February 17
- Alma PS Olympics – Friday, February 18 (Plan to be outside more this day)
- Family Day – Monday, February 21 (No School)
Pink Shirt Day – Wednesday, February 23 (wear pink in support of anti-bullying)
Thanks as always for your continued support. If there’s anything the school can do to help, please let us know. We’re here to help!
Principal Alma PS