Updates For February 28-March 4, 2022
Hello Alma Families! Here are the 5 things you need to know today to keep up to date this week:
- We shared in an earlier email about the North Wellington Hub Initiative. In case you missed it, the first meeting will be held at 7 PM on March 29, 2022, at Wellington Heights Secondary School located at 405 Sligo Road East in Mount Forest and virtually.
Please RSVP by completing this form by March 22: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeHBnudQH9QQ9kcX60VcTMv2BGeo47Jkz7VYXcEIqoyBdnvbA/viewform?usp=sf_link. If you have questions about the North Wellington Hub, please contact our Trustee, Robin Ross, at [email protected]
- Our Student Council is planning some fun and educational activities for the month of March. On March 4 we will celebrate Live Free Day (see item 3 below for more details), on March 21 students can wear their favourite socks and “Rock Your Socks” for World Down Syndrome Day, and on March 25th we will wear purple for Epilepsy Awareness Day.
- Our Student Nutrition Program here at Alma PS is sponsored heavily by the Food & Friends Program and the Children’s Foundation of Guelph and Wellington. For those who wish to donate, you can do so at https://ugdsb.schoolcashonline.com/ up until March 9th. You will also hear your kids talking about choosing as a class something that they will “Live Free” of for the day. Teachers will work with students to determine one thing to go without for the day or multiple things to go without for part of the day. This experience will help kids to see that sometimes people don’t always have the same things as others in their community and we need to look out for and support those in need. As always, these experiences are optional but can provide a valuable learning experience.
- Don’t forget to mark the upcoming March Break on your calendar. This year, it runs a little differently as there is an extra day that is a Board Holiday. It begins on Friday, March 11, and ends on Friday, March 18, 2022. We hope you can enjoy this time with your family and make many happy memories together.
- March’s theme for the UGDSB Wellness Works program is self-compassion. Showing ourselves grace and compassion is just as important as showing it to others. For handy tips and ideas to share with your family, read more here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tON-Y6s4Nw4fPOvHSBc7QvGGcBwYhPMqT7Jk1ZDiLco/edit?usp=sharing.
Thanks as always for your continued support. If there’s anything the school can do to help, please let us know. We’re here to help!
Principal Alma PS