Updates For March 28-April 1, 2022
Hello Alma Families! Here are the 5 things you need to know today to keep up to date this week:
- Given the seasonal changes ahead, this is a great time to remind families of the importance of indoor shoes. To help prevent mud from being tracked into the school, please ensure your child has a clean pair of shoes that can be left at school to keep our school clean.
- Our families have been doing a great job of completing daily screenings. Thanks for keeping up this important step to help our students stay safe. We recognize that some families may have used up their supply of Rapid Antigen Tests. If so, please call or email the office and we can provide some more for your children.
- This week we have heard that Ms. Bridge, a fantastic part of our EA team, has accepted another position elsewhere in the Board and this Friday will be her last day at Alma PS. We wish her well in this new venture and we will inform you when we have the new staff member in place.
- Typically on or near April 1, we are allowed to consider reopening our playground. Formal inspections will be happening in the first week of April and once we can ensure that the engineered wood fibre base is not frozen and that the equipment has wintered well, we will be opening the playground for recess use.
- Our Student Council is working hard to promote some special events this month, including:
- World Autism Awareness Day on April 2: In order to help bring awareness about Autism, please feel free to wear blue on Friday, April 1 in honour of this event.
- International Day of Pink on April 13: The UGDSB and Alma PS recognize this day as we honour the diversity of all people and bring awareness to stop homophobia, transphobia, transmisogyny, and all forms of bullying. It is important for all of our UGDSB students to feel safe, known, heard and that they belong. Please feel free to wear pink on this day.
- Earth Day on April 22: We will be hosting an outdoor assembly and will be doing a school clean-up. Please feel welcome to wear Earth Colours that day.
Thanks as always for your continued support. If there’s anything the school can do to help, please let us know. We’re here to help!
Principal Alma PS