Updates For April 11-15, 2022
Hello Alma Families! Here are the 5 things you need to know today to keep up to date this week:
- Thank you for continuing to complete your daily screening. It is a very important step in keeping our schools safe. As we have shared, masking is no longer mandatory, but the UGDSB continues to remind families that it is strongly encouraged. Thanks to all of our Alma PS families for working so diligently to keep our students and staff safe and healthy.
- Our next School Council Meeting was scheduled to be held on Thursday, April 14 from 6:30 – 8:00 PM. Unfortunately, it will need to be rescheduled. Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter. A revised date will be shared as soon as possible.
- Our Milk Program has been a great success and some of our students are finishing up their first cards. If your child has a card come home in their lunch bag, this means that if you would like, you can order a new card using School Cash Online. Once we receive your order, we will start your new card as soon as possible. Thanks for your support of this new system and for making your purchases using School Cash Online. You can always find a link to School Cash Online under the Quick Links tab on our website at https://www.ugdsb.ca/AlmaPS/.
- Our Student Council is promoting two school-wide events this month, including:
- International Day of Pink this Wednesday, April 13.The UGDSB and Alma PS recognize this day as we honour the diversity of all people and bring awareness to stop homophobia, transphobia, transmisogyny and all forms of bullying. It is important that all members of our community feel safe, known, heard and that they belong. Please feel free to wear pink on this day.
- Earth Day on April 22. We will be hosting an outdoor assembly and will be doing a school clean-up. Please feel welcome to wear Earth Colours that day.
- Please remember to mark on your calendars April 15 and 18 as a Board Holiday and schools will be closed on those days. We look forward to seeing students return on Tuesday, April 19. For those families celebrating or commemorating Passover, Easter, Theravada New Year, The Lord’s Evening Meal or Ramadan across the UGDSB on those days, we wish you well. There are a lot of special events across the world this month. To learn more with your family, check out this link and investigate the Equity and Diversity Calendar here: https://www.ugdsb.ca/schools/safe-equitable-and-inclusive-schools/equity-and-inclusive-education/ugdsb-equity-and-inclusion-calendar/.
Thanks as always for your continued support. If there’s anything the school can do to help, please let us know. We’re here to help!
Principal Alma PS