Updates For April 18-22, 2022
Hello Alma Families! Here are the 5 things you need to know today to keep up to date this week:
- Our School Council meeting has been rescheduled and will be held on Thursday, May 5, 2022 from 6:30 to 8:00 PM. We have moved up May’s meeting a week so we can share information in a timely manner. The meeting will be held in the library learning commons but we will also offer a link for those who wish to join online via a Google Meet instead. For those attending in person, masking is recommended. If you are not on the School Council email list, please reach out to the school and we can add you before we share the agenda and meeting link next week.
- Thanks so much to our families for continuing to complete your daily screening. As we work through this next phase of staying safe, please remember that the UGDSB continues to remind families that masking is still strongly recommended, and we will continue to keep up our sanitizing and cleaning protocols here at school.
- If you would like to contribute funds towards the flowers being purchased by the School Council, please send those funds in to the office by Friday or reach out to our School Council Chair, Amanda Reid.
- Earth Day will be honoured at Alma PS this Friday, April 22. We will be hosting an outdoor assembly and will be doing a school clean-up. Please feel welcome to wear Earth Colours that day. As we will be outdoors for a larger portion of the day, please remember to come dressed for the weather as it is variable this time of year.
- Stay tuned next week for more information about the Upper Grand Learning Foundation’s Freedom To Achieve Fundraiser in support of student and family needs around the Board. As we finalize details you can learn more about the foundation here: https://www.uppergrandlearningfoundation.com/funds/free-to-achieve.aspx.
Thanks as always for your continued support. If there’s anything the school can do to help, please let us know. We’re here to help!
Principal Alma PS