Updates For May 2-6, 2022
Hello Alma Families! Here are the 5 things you need to know today to keep up to date this week:
- Our School Council meeting will be held tomorrow from 6:30 to 8:00 PM. The meeting will be held in the library learning commons but a link was shared for those wishing to attend online. For those attending in person, masking is recommended. If you are not on the School Council email list and would like to be, please reach out to the school.
- Our Milk Program continues to be a great success. If your child has completed their card (it would have been sent home in their lunch box) and you would like to purchase another, please check out School Cash Online at https://ugdsb.schoolcashonline.com/. If you require any assistance with this, please contact the school office.
- May 2-6 across the UGDSB is both Education Week and Mental Health Week. Mental Health Week is the launch date for a special 6 week journey we are taking here at Alma PS. Each Friday between May 6 and June 17 we will have a Feel Good Friday where students dress in what makes them feel great. Each week we also will be exploring a theme with a group discussion that promotes mental health awareness and then we will complete some fun activities in small groups. The weekly themes are:
May 6 – Critical And Creative Thinking
May 13 – Healthy Relationships
May 20 – Identification And Management Of Emotions
May 27 – Positive Motivation And Perseverance
June 10 – Self Awareness And A Sense Of Identity
June 17 – Stress Management And Coping With Stress
- As you plan for events throughout the year and into next year, please remember that you can find a copy of the UGDSB School Year calendars here: https://www.ugdsb.ca/schools/school-year-calendars/. The approved 2022-2023 calendars have now been posted.
- As shared in last week’s “5 Things” email, on Tuesday, May 3 the UGDSB celebrated a Toonie Tuesday fundraiser to help students and families across the Board. Donations are still being accepted until Friday, May 6. You can donate by either using School Cash Online, or if you would prefer a tax receipt for donations over $20, please follow the links found on this link for more information: https://www.uppergrandlearningfoundation.com/funds/free-to-achieve.aspx
There is also a special fundraiser planned for May 27 with great food, a Silent/Live Auction and a dance with The Neil Murray Band. You can learn more and register here: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/uglf-3rs-retro-rock-and-roll-fundraising-gala-tickets-311266525557?aff=ebdsoporgprofile
Thanks as always for your continued support. If there’s anything the school can do to help, please let us know. We’re here to help!
Principal Alma PS