Updates For May 30-June 3, 2022
Updates For May 30 – June 3, 2022
Hello Alma Families! Here are the 5 things you need to know today to keep up to date this week:
- Our next School Council Meeting will be held in person and virtually tomorrow on Thursday, June 2 from 6:30-8:00 PM. The agenda and a link for those who wish to join virtually has been sent to those on our School Council email list earlier this week. If you would like to be added to this list, please contact the school. This will be our final meeting of the year. As mentioned to those in the email list, we will be discussing our aging playground and making decisions about pending repairs, finalizing fundraising objectives for next year and sharing highlights from this year.
- Please remember that this Friday, June 3 is a PA Day. New kindergarten students for the fall and their families will be visiting the school in the morning and teachers will be working on plans for next year and report cards.
- If you haven’t turned in your food order forms for the end of the year BBQ on June 13 from 5:30-7:30 PM please make sure they are in by tomorrow so we can ensure that there is enough food for everyone. Please feel free to bring a lawn chair and enjoy this simple chance to gather and connect as a school community. The event will be held outdoors unless it is raining, and then the gym can be used.
- In case you missed this last week, the Alma Optimists Bike Rodeo will be held on Tuesday, June 7. The Optimists will be helping run events about bike safety throughout the day and will be working through the school class by class. For your child to participate, they must have both a bike and a helmet. Some students may choose to bike to school that day while other families might choose to drop off their bikes at school. Knowing that there will be more bikes than usual, please ensure that we are extra careful when driving at the school. Bikes will be kept on the bike racks beside the Optimist’s Baseball Diamond at the front of the school.
- As I walked around the school yard today at recess, I was reminded of how amazing our Alma PS school community is. Watching older kids play with younger kids, seeing students inviting others to play who were on their own and needing a friend, and seeing respect shown to the adults in our building were all things that I am proud to see at our school. Thanks to parents, staff and students for the amazing little things you do everyday, often without being asked, to make this such a wonderful community to serve. I look forward to an amazing June ahead!
Thanks as always for your continued support. If there’s anything the school can do to help, please let us know. We’re here to help!
Principal Alma PS