Updates For June 6-10, 2022
Hello Alma Families! Here are the 5 things you need to know today to keep up to date this week:
- The Alma Optimists Bike Rodeo has been rescheduled for Tuesday, June 14, 2022 as we got rained out last time. We hope for sunnier days ahead! The Optimists will be helping run events about bike safety throughout the day and will be working through the school class by class. For your child to participate, they must have both a bike and a helmet. Some students may choose to bike to school that day while other families might choose to drop off their bikes at school. Knowing that there will be more bikes than usual, please ensure that we are extra careful when driving at the school. Bikes will be kept on the bike racks beside the Optimist’s Baseball Diamond at the front of the school.
- As was shared at School Council last week, our blue climber requires numerous expensive repairs and these repairs were deemed to be too costly for the minimal extension of life we would receive. School Council, who is responsible for the structure, voted to remove it and is beginning to make plans for the future. A motion was passed to paint line games on the asphalt tarmac as a starting point and plans are underway to arrange for that to hopefully be in place for when students return in the fall. As you might gather, a large structure is an expensive investment and there are many new alternatives that are being considered as well. School Council feels that it is important to hear student and parent input as we envision what our yard will look like and they have asked that each family fill out this initial survey which will be analyzed at the September meeting and help frame next steps moving forward. Please submit one survey per family here using the link sent to your email.
- Please see the following important newsletter from Student Transportation Services with important information about bussing: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H5JnPyUYzAgfSkVe4isBpie8JZG8IVm_/view?usp=sharing.
- We are excited to host our Alma PS Year End BBQ on Monday, June 13 from 5:30-7:30 PM. We are hoping for a beautiful evening weather-wise so please bring your lawn chairs to visit with others in our community and enjoy the food your family may have ordered from the Alma Optimists. If weather requires it, we will be shifting inside into the gym and please bring your lawn chairs for that as well if required. We are looking forward to a great time of connecting as the Alma PS family.
- As we have seen in the past few weeks, June weather can always be unpredictable. Thanks for remembering to check the weather each day as a sunny morning may turn into a misty recess where we will still be going outside to get some fresh air.
Thanks as always for your continued support. If there’s anything the school can do to help, please let us know. We’re here to help!
Principal Alma PS