Updates For June 13-17, 2022
Hello Alma Families! Here are the 5 things you need to know today to keep up to date this week:
Before we start, a huge thank you goes out to all who helped to make our year end bbq and the Alma Optimist Bike Rodeo a huge success. It was wonderful to build community in this way and to once again gather, spend time together and learn bike safety as well. A special thanks goes out to the volunteers from the Alma Optimist Club and the parent volunteers. We couldn’t do it without you!
- As we wrap up the school year, it’s a good time to review all of our safety drills so we are prepared for emergencies if they were to come up. This week we are focusing on tornado, lock down and evacuation drills and next week we plan to be practicing fire drills. Teachers are reviewing these concepts in their classrooms and we will be practicing as a school. It’s always good to be prepared!
- As was shared last week, our blue climber requires numerous expensive repairs and these repairs were deemed to be too costly for the minimal extension of life we would receive. We are working through the process of having it removed and planning for the future. If you haven’t filled out the survey we sent home last week looking for input on possible new yard options, please submit one survey per family by filling out the link in your email.
- Weather permitting, our kindergarten and grade 1/2 classes are going to be having special visitors tomorrow. We hope to have a fire truck, police car and ambulance visit the school as we learn more about emergency services together. It is wonderful to have these amazing services supporting our community and we are glad that they are willing to help us learn in this way.
- Given that after today we have 10 more days of classes remaining, we have closed off milk card sales for the remainder of the year. Students will be encouraged to use up their milk cards in the next two weeks and any remaining milk credits will be considered a donation to the school. Thanks everyone for your support of this program!
- Next fall the UGDSB will be doing a Board-wide census. You can learn more about the process at this link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_QKAapP0M_N6ddB5K3Xo_qjG-w_Sx3_Q1RzNPAKfZWU/edit?usp=sharing.
Thanks as always for your continued support. If there’s anything the school can do to help, please let us know. We’re here to help!
Principal Alma PS