Updates For June 20-24, 2022
Hello Alma Families! Here are the 5 things you need to know today to keep up to date this week:
1. Report cards will be available using the online portal tomorrow, just like they were in the past this year. It is important to remember that the location to access these documents has changed and old bookmarks you may have made on your computer won’t work any longer. You can find the new link to the Parent Portal on our school website right at the top right hand side, or you can access it here:
This page also has a link to parent support, which can also be found at this site:
Tomorrow we also will be sending home a paper copy of the report card feedback that you fill out and return to the school. Please complete it and return it to the school with your child and it can be placed in their Ontario Student Record.
Please remember that the email address used is the main one we have on file at the school. As always, if you have any questions, please reach out to the office.
2. On Friday, June 24 we will be hosting a school-wide Play Day during the first part of the day. We will be working in school-wide teams to have some fun and enjoy these last few days of school as a community. Please be advised that some of the games may involve small amounts of water and your child may get a little wet. It might be wise to send additional clothing if needed to help them enjoy the activities fully and remain comfortable for the remainder of the day.
3. On Tuesday, June 28 students in grade 1-6 will be participating in the Alma Public School track and field day. Students will be competing in field events like standing long jump, running long jump and ball throw. Track events will include the 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, and 1500m. The 1500m will be run on Friday, June 24th at 9 AM and the 800m will be run Monday June 27th at 9 AM. This provides students time to rest between races and ensures students are running during the coolest times of the day. If you would like to join us to cheer on your athlete please feel free to come on Tuesday, June 28. You can find a schedule of events in your email.
4. As we work to use up milk cards, people are being offered milk at both recesses if they desire to have a second. Also, all spirit wear should have come home yesterday. We hope you enjoyed your purchases and we will look at offering another order in the new school year.
5. As with any school, there are always a few comings and goings with staff. We are very grateful for the strong team we have here as we have worked through a busy year. As we thank current staff and welcome incoming team members, we are glad as always to have such a strong Alma PS family. For a summary of changes, please check your email.
Since class makeups and organizations are always tentative through the middle of September, we look forward to sharing finalized details as we head into the fall once the hiring process is complete. As a reminder, students will meet their new teacher on the first day of school. Please stay tuned to your emails in late August for important information about school startup once details are finalized.
Thanks as always for your continued support. If there’s anything the school can do to help, please let us know. We’re here to help!
Principal Alma PS