Updates For October 31-November 4, 2022
5 Things – November 3, 2022
Hello Alma Families! Here are the 5 things you need to know today to keep up to date this week:
- Please remember that pizza orders are due by November 3 at midnight on School Cash online here: https://ugdsb.schoolcashonline.com/. Pizza delivery will begin on Tuesday, November 8.
- Orders for School Spirit Wear are underway. Your child will bring home a paper form that must be returned to the school. This serves as the order form for the company that makes the clothing. As well, please go to School Cash Online and fill out your order here: https://ugdsb.schoolcashonline.com/. Orders are open until Thursday, November 10, 2022 at midnight. We want to submit them right away to the company so they will hopefully be done for the holiday season.
- Our newly elected Student Council has begun meeting this week with Mrs. Hons and their first order of business is to reinstate comfy cozy Fridays. This optional event starts this Friday, students and staff are encouraged to wear school-appropriate clothing they feel comfortable in. It might be your regular clothes, PJs or something that reflects you. Our Student Council representatives will be visiting classes to help share this message as well. It will be held most Fridays unless there is a special event, like next Friday’s Remembrance Day Assembly. In that case, we will have our comfy cozy day on Thursday, November 10.
- The UGDSB is hosting a special event on November 8 from 6:00-7:00 PM with Kevin Cameron, the Executive Director at the Centre For Trauma Informed Practices focusing on Post-Pandemic Mental Health: Moving Forward. For more information and to register, please use the link on the poster in your email.
- Do you have a child in kindergarten to Grade 8? Would you like to explore your child’s unique strengths? Then, we have a research opportunity that may interest you. You’re invited to participate in a research study conducted by the Resilient Youth Research Group at the University of Guelph. The goal of the study is to gather parent’s feedback on Strengths to Grow, a brief online parenting program that caregivers can use to discover and develop their child’s unique strengths. For the study, you will complete two 10-minute online surveys and you will complete the 30-minute Strengths to Grow program. This study is entirely online, and it can be completed at any time. For more information, please open the poster in your email.
Thanks as always for your continued support. If there’s anything the school can do to help, please let us know. We’re here to help!
Principal Alma PS