Updates For November 7-11, 2022
Hello Alma Families! Here are the 6 things you need to know today to keep up to date this week:
- Our November School Council meeting will be held in person tomorrow night in our Library Learning Commons from 6:30-8:00 PM. The agenda has been sent to people on our School Council email list earlier this week, but if you would like to be added, please reach out to the school and let us know. We are always happy to welcome everyone in our school community.
- Orders for School Spirit Wear are wrapping up. Please go to School Cash Online and fill out your order here: https://ugdsb.schoolcashonline.com/. Orders are open until Thursday, November 10, 2022 at midnight. Please remember to return the paper form to the office with your child. This is used by the company as a tracking form. We want to submit them right away to the company so they will hopefully be done for the holiday season.
- Due to our Remembrance Day assembly on Friday, November 11, our Student Council Comfy Cozy Day will be held on Thursday this week.
- Progress Reports and Kindergarten Communication of Learning – Initial Observations will be available online as of Thursday, November 17th. You will need to have a parent account set up to access progress reports. Please use your email that is associated with the school.
Details for setting this up can be found here: https://www.ugdsb.ca/parents/connected/ The link to the Support Page should be helpful.
While paper copies are still possible, we are encouraging people to access the online copy, as this is the expectation in high school. If you would like some technical support with this or if you require a paper copy, please email the school at [email protected].
- Parent Teacher Conferences are coming up later in November. The most common format we will be using is face-to-face meetings at the school. However, we can accommodate phone calls or Google Meets for parents who are unable to make it to the school. Most conferences will be held either after school/evening on Thursday, November 24th and all day on Friday, November 25th (PD Day). Some teachers may be booking interviews outside of these times, as well. Instructions on how to book an interview will be emailed out next week.
- The UGDSB asked us to share the following learning and tutoring supports with you from The Grove Tutoring (ages 12-26 tutoring support), TVO Mathify (grades 4-12 math tutoring support), and TVO MPower (Kindergarten-Grade 6 online learning activities in math and STEM). Posters about this information has been shared in your email.
Thanks as always for your continued support. If there’s anything the school can do to help, please let us know. We’re here to help!
Principal Alma PS