Asymptomatic targeted testing expansion (April 2021)
April 9, 2021
Opportunities to access asymptomatic COVID-19 testing during the upcoming April break have been expanded by the province. Information about voluntary targeted testing for staff and students can be found below.
Asymptomatic targeted testing expansion
The following options will be available to staff and students in the community.
School-based targeted testing
- The UGDSB continues to offer targeted testing to specific sets of schools on a weekly basis. For information and the school-based testing schedule, please visit the board website: https://www.ugdsb.ca/community/coronavirus/reopening-schools-plan/asymptomatic-testing-in-schools/
- For the week of April 12-18 only, pharmacies that currently offer asymptomatic testing for education staff, will now accept appointments from students.
- Children attending child care located within schools will also be eligible to access this testing. Please check with your local pharmacy on minimum testing age.
- While students/children can access testing in pharmacies for April 12-18 only, this testing will continue to be available for all staff.
- To book an appointment, visit the Covid-19 Testing Locations website, and select “pharmacy” as your location type, with the booking details requested.
- In addition to these pharmacies, Shoppers Drug Mart is also able to offer additional in-pharmacy Rapid Antigen Screening for students and staff beginning April 14, 2021.
- Please see below for list of participating stores in the WDG region.
- To book an appointment, please contact the store directly.
- For the week of April 12-18, students and staff will also be able to access asymptomatic testing at local assessment centres.
- Children attending child care located within schools, and child care staff, will also be eligible to access this testing.
- This testing is only being offered to students, children and staff from April 12-18.
- To book an appointment, visit the Covid-19 Testing Locations website, and select “assessment centre” as your location type, with the booking details requested.
Thank you again for all your efforts to keep our schools safe. Together we can help to keep ourselves and our communities safe and healthy.
Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Pharmacy Testing Locations
HWY 6 & BELSYDE
TOWER ST S
SILVERCREEK PKWY NORTH
STONE ROAD MALL
STONE ROAD WEST, UNIT K4
SCOTTSDALE & STONE ROAD
FIRST ST, UNIT F
BROADWAY & C LINE