Congratulations to our 2019 Everyday Heroes
May 7, 2019
GUELPH, Ontario – An inspiring group of staff, community members and volunteers will be celebrated this May.
The Upper Grand District School Board is pleased to announce our 2019 Everyday Heroes.
The Everyday Hero Awards Selection Committee chose 11 finalists from a total of 29 exceptional and deserving nominees. This year’s Everyday Hero Awards recipients include dedicated school and board staff, volunteers, and community members.
The winners are (in alphabetical order):
- Arthur Second Look, Community Group, Arthur
- Lenora Banfield, Educational Assistant, Erin PS
- Ryan Buhrow, Enterprise Systems Engineer, UGDSB Guelph Board Office
- Paul Carbone, Head Caretaker, Westminster Woods PS
- Renee Cox, Nicole Leclair, Adam Lucko, Mark Wilson, Teachers, Westside SS
- Amanda Fergus-Moore, Office Coordinator, Centre Peel PS
- Karen Hayhurst, Teacher, Sir Isaac Brock PS
- Donna Henderson, Occasional Teacher, multiple schools in Dufferin County
- Paul Metzger, Head Caretaker, Norwell DSS
- Melissa Mulligan, Volunteer, John Black PS
- Linda Reaburn, Volunteer, Norwell DSS
The criteria for the annual awards are: performance at a high level at all times, a significant school or system-related achievement, a specific innovation or achievement of significant value or importance to the system, or a unique circumstance worthy of recognition by the board.
The winners will be honoured by the Trustees of the Board at a reception on Wednesday May 29, 2019, starting at 7p.m. The ceremony will be held in the E. L. Fox Auditorium at John F. Ross CVI, 21 Meyer Drive, Guelph. Refreshments and a social hour will follow the awards in the cafeteria.
Congratulations to all of the winners, nominees and those who nominated them.