COVID-19 safety over the April Break
April 8, 2021
Thank you to all Upper Grand District School Board staff, students and families for continuing to follow the COVID-19 health and safety measures that help keep our school communities safe.
As per recent announcements, the provincial government has implemented a province-wide shutdown for four weeks in response to worsening trends in key health indicators across the province.
As announced earlier this week, Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health issued an order that closes WDG schools to in-person learning until at least April 18, with the possibility of an extension, if the local COVID-19 situation warrants it. The Spring Break will continue as planned, from April 12 to 16, 2021.
In light of the recently announced measures, it is more important than ever that we continue to follow public health advice over the Spring Break:
At this critical point in the pandemic, the following public health measures are crucial to help prevent and limit the spread of COVID-19:
- Socialize with your own household
- Stay home and get tested if you feel ill
- Participate in the targeted testing offered in your school community
- Screen every day, including during spring break, for COVID-19 symptoms (the COVID-19 School and Child Care Screening Tool is available to assist families with symptom screening)
- Practice good hand hygiene habits, masking, and physical distancing
- Refer to the province’s website to learn what public health measures are in place in our community
- Refrain from travelling
For the week of April 12-18, pharmacies that currently offer testing and assessment centres across the province will accept appointments from students and education staff for asymptomatic testing.
As a reminder, once in-person learning resumes, all students must continue to screen for COVID-19 symptoms. If your child or anyone in your household is ill, stay home and follow the guidance in the school screener.
By following public health advice, we can all enjoy a safe spring break and continue to work together to help keep our school communities safe.
Have a safe, fun and restful break.