Everyday Heroes for 2014 announced
For Immediate Release
May 26, 2014
GUELPH, Ontario – The Upper Grand District School Board is pleased to honour nine groups and individuals as this year’s (2014) Everyday Heroes. The Heroes include parent volunteers, a school office coordinator (OC), educational assistants (EAs), a teacher and an early childhood educator (ECE).
The winners are:
- Shawna Brailsford, ECE, Laurelwoods ES, Amaranth
- The Sullivan Family – Andrew, Catherine and sons Sam, Jack and Ben, school volunteers, Westwood PS, Guelph
- Renate Smith, OC, and Kathy Dalziel, Nicole Hammond-Breese, Rhonda Alaire and Kristy Shellhorn, parent volunteers, Brant Avenue PS, Guelph
- Jessica Rowden, teacher, Wellington Heights SS, Mount Forest
- Alison Moutrey and Trish Tworeck, EAs, East Garafraxa PS
- Martha MacNeil, Parent Involvement Committee (PIC) Co-chair and parent volunteer at Victory PS, Guelph
- Trevolyn Louttet, EA for English Language Learners, Mitchell Woods PS, Guelph
- Deb Drake, parent volunteer, Rockwood Centennial PS
- Kathy Cunningham, EA, Elora PS
The criteria for the annual awards are: performance at a high level at all times, significant school or system achievement, or a unique circumstance worth recognition.
The winners will be honoured by the trustees of the board at a reception at the E. L. Fox Auditorium at John F. Ross CVI, 25 Meyer Drive, Guelph at 7:00 p.m. Refreshments and a social hour will follow the awards in the cafeteria.
This year’s entertainment is the Senior Orchestra from Gateway Drive Public School in Guelph and their volunteer orchestra leader, Trevor Dick, who will perform O Canada and two other selections for the audience.
For more information:
Maggie McFadzen, Communications Officer
Mark Weidmark, Administrative Officer – Communications
Categories: Media Releases