Immigrant Services Guelph-Wellington announce June workshops
June 5, 2019
GUELPH, Ontario – Immigrant Services Guelph-Wellington (ISGW) has a busy month ahead with several workshops and programs set to take place throughout the month of June.
- Every Thursday in June – The ISGW Women’s Group meets between 10:20 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- June 6 – Settlement Workers in Schools (SWIS) Youth Year-end Celebration 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. – A night of music, food and dance. This is a great opportunity to meet other youth and find out about summer activities, volunteer opportunities and youth programing at ISGW.
- June 6 – Buy your First Home in Canada (in Spanish) 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. – This workshop will provide information about buying your first home in Canada. Please register in advance.
- June 12 and 19 – SWIS Women’s Learning Club 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. – Improve and practise your English while making new friends. June 12 class is Gardening with you kids and June 19 is Parenting Skills.
- June 13 – Family Class Sponsorship 4:30 – 6:00 p.m. – Receive advice on how to bring family members to Canada as Permanent Residents.
- June 18 – How to Prepare for Citizenship (in Arabic) 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – This workshop, presented in Arabic, will discuss citizenship application requirements, information about classes, resources for studying and more.
- June 21 – Refugee Sponsorship Training Day 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (morning and afternoon session) – National Trainer Said Nixon Bangura will present an overview of sponsorship, explain application forms and provide updates on new changes to the private sponsorship of refugees.
The last session in June will be the last before summer break. Training days will resume in September.
For more information about workshops and programing with Immigrant Services Guelph-Wellington, visit their website.