Mark your calendars! Kindergarten registration for the 2018-19 school year is Jan. 9-19
November 13, 2017
GUELPH, Ontario – Exciting changes are coming as Upper Grand District School Board staff get ready to welcome our newest students to the board.
Kindergarten registration for the 2018-2019 school year will take place from January 9 to 19, 2018, and will feature a new online pre-registration process.
All Kindergarten students (JK and SK) who are new to the UGDSB must pre-register online at www.ugdsb.ca/jkregistration. Students entering SK next year who are already attending an UGDSB school this year are not required to pre-register online.
Pre-registering online will allow parents to fill out a Student Admission Form at a time and place that’s convenient to them. Each elementary school will have a computer available for families to pre-register online at the school if you do not have access at home.
Once they’ve pre-registered online, parents must go into their child’s home school before the Jan. 19th deadline, to drop off required documentation and complete their registration.
Kindergarten Registration steps for all new Kindergarten students
- Between Jan. 9-19, 2018, pre-register your child online at UGDSB Pre-Registration Online Form
- In the online pre-registration site, use the school locator feature to determine which school your child can attend
- Check for a confirmation email indicating you’ve successfully completed pre-registration
- Once you have pre-registered, go to your child’s home school to drop off required documentation to complete your registration. Required documentation:
- Proof of Age (child’s birth certificate or passport)
- Proof of Immunization (Health Record card)
- Proof of residency identifying parent/guardian’s current home address (e.g. utility/tax bill, bank statement, purchase/lease agreement)
- Verification of date or arrival/immigration documents (if child was not born in Canada)
Junior Kindergarten French Immersion
In the UGDSB, admission into the French Immersion (FI) program begins in Junior Kindergarten (JK), which is the only entry point into the program.
All UGDSB schools that offer JK FI have an enrolment cap, and there is a defined selection process for students if a school exceeds its enrolment cap.
JK FI registration is considered complete when:
- The Student Admission Form is completed and submitted online (pre-registration)
- Required documentation has been verified by the home school (as listed above)
- A ‘FI Pre-Registration Receipt’ is completed, signed and provided to you by the school
- Parents wanting to register their child in JK FI must have completed their registration by 19, 2018 at 4 p.m., in order to be considered ‘on time.’
For more information on the JK FI registration and selection process, visit www.ugdsb.ca/jkfi.
Presentation: Kindergarten Registration Information Nights
Throughout November and December, the UGDSB hosted registration information evenings to share our new online registration process for both English and French Immersion JK and SK. If you weren’t able to attend a session, you may view the presentation below:
We look forward to welcoming all new families to the UGDSB in 2018!