Opportunity for female-identifying students and recent grads – Future in Trades Program
January 7, 2022
Linamar is hosting a “Future in Trades Program” for women interested in pursuing a career in the skilled trades or technology.
The target audience is for any female-identifying students in their graduating year or students that may have graduated in the last year.
There are five spaces available, and students will receive paid summer employment, College Tuition & Ancillary fees paid for by Linamar, paid part-time employment throughout their College program (15 hrs/week), and then upon completion of their college program, students will be signed as Apprentices by Linamar Corporation with guaranteed full-time work.
- Register for the virtual information evening on Wednesday Jan. 12 at 6:00pm. Parents/guardians and educators are welcome to attend as well.
- If any female graduating students are interested in applying to the program, they will need to submit their updated resume to Linamar by Sunday Jan. 16th, 2022.
- Finally, students will then need to apply to one of the two Conestoga College programs through the OCAS (Ontario College Application Service) website, depending on their area of preference.
- Electro Mechanical and Automation Maintenance (Optional Co-op)
- Mechanical Technician – General Machinist (Optional Co-op)
NOTE: February 1, 2022, is the OCAS deadline to apply for programs to receive equal consideration. Linamar strongly recommends that interested applicants should apply prior to the February 1st deadline date.
- Upon acceptance to the applicable College program, students will need to submit their College Acceptance Letter to Linamar for final approval into the Linamar “Future in Trades” Program. The Deadline to confirm an Offer of Admission is May 1, 2022.