UGDSB students perform well at regional Kiwanis Music Festival and OMFA
June 7, 2018
GUELPH, Ontario – Several Upper Grand District School Board musical groups performed well at the Kiwanis Music Festival and advanced to the provincial finals.
Groups from many UGDSB schools participated in the Guelph Kiwanis Festival in April, putting forth very strong musical performances and some of them were selected to participate in the provincial finals.
Groups that advanced to the OMFA provincial competition were required to submit recordings of two pieces for the competition.
UGDSB groups that placed at the OMFA provincial competition or who received an honourable mention are as follows:
- GCVI Chamber Choir placed top 8 in the High School Choir Division
- GCVI Gael placed in the High School Jazz Band Division (top 7)
- GCVI Jr. Symphonic Band placed in the High School grade 10 and under division (top 4)
- GCVI Sr. Symphonic Band finished in 2nd place in the province in the High School Senior Band division
John F. Ross CVI:
- John F. Ross CVI Concert Choir placed top 8 in the High School Choir Division
- John F. Ross CVI girls class received an honourable mention in the all-female school group division
- John F. Ross CVI Intermediate Band received an honourable mention in the High School grade 10 and under division
Waverley Drive PS:
- Waverley Drive PS received an honourable mention in the Elementary School Jazz Band division
Congratulations to all the UGDSB students that participated in the regional Kiwanis Festival and the OMFA.