Policy 515 Learning Choices
It is the policy of the Upper Grand District School Board to provide a variety of learning choices at elementary and secondary schools to maximize student engagement, achievement and well-being. Learning Choices Programs are opportunities that are designed to extend a student’s learning experience and are categorized as either an Experiential Learning Choices Program (ELCP) or a Specialized System Learning Choices Program (SSLCP). Through this policy the UGDSB will promote equitable and inclusive educational practices to support the principles of equity of access and equity of opportunity for all students.
The goals of the policy are to:
- provide choice and programming options to allow students to pursue their personal interests and strengths and to explore a variety of destinations and pathways;
- maximize student engagement by encouraging and supporting student interests, voice, goal setting and decision making.
- 515 Learning Choices Policy Statement
- 515-A Learning Choices Procedures Manual
- 515-A Appendix A Local School Focus Proposal Checklist
- 515-A Appendix B Learning Choices Programs Checklist – Existing Learning Programs
- 515-A Appendix C Program Proposal Checklist – Abbreviated Proposal
- 515-A Appendix D Programs Proposal Checklist – School-Based Comprehensive Proposal
- 515-A Appendix E Proposal for a Learning Choices Program Flow Chart
- 515-A Appendix F Template for Budget Submission – New Learning Choices Program
- 515-A Appendix G Template for Budget Submission – Existing Program
First adopted: November 2014
Revision history: November 2014