In recognition that anyone at CDDHS and in the community can need assistance, we want to remind students and parents about the resources available to you, if you’re looking for extra support for yourself, or worried about someone you care about. Please reach out.
Students are encouraged to book a Guidance Appointment for support with social, emotional, mental health concerns or academic support. Students can also reach out to our school Social Worker, Geer Harvey, at 519-925-3834 ext. 306.
Community Addictions Services (CADS)
COVID UPDATE: The Addictions Counsellor will be doing appointments over the phone this year.
If you or someone you know:
• Struggles with alcohol and/or drug use
• Needs help with healthy coping strategies
• Needs help in exploring and/or changing their pattern of substance abuse
Please make a Guidance appointment to discuss making a connection with the Addictions Counsellor or call directly.
Contact Shanna directly at 226-979-8445 or call the Addictions Intake Number at 519-836-5773
Click HERE for more information.
- Kids Help Phone (Always Open)
- Phone 1-800-668-6868
- Text CONNECT to 686868
- Online chat via website kidshelpphone.ca
- Mobile chat on Always There App
- Dufferin Child and Family Services (519) 941-1530
- Headwaters Hospital 519-941-2410
As a reminder, if someone’s well-being is at immediate risk, call 9-1-1.
Check out the UGDSB Secondary Mental Health Portal for help with a variety of issues.