Mark your calendars! Kindergarten Registration for the 2018-19 School Year is January 9-19
Exciting changes are coming as we get ready to welcome our newest students to our school.
Kindergarten registration for the 2018-2019 school year will take place from January 9 to 19, 2018, and will feature a new online pre-registration process.
All Kindergarten students (JK and SK) who are new to the Upper Grand District School Board must pre-register online at www.ugdsb.ca/kindergarten. Students entering SK next year who are already attending an UGDSB school this year are not required to pre-register online.
Pre-registering online will allow parents to fill out a Student Admission Form at a time and place that’s convenient to them. Our school will have a computer available for families to pre-register online here, if desired. If you’re not sure which school your child is eligible to attend, visit www.findmyschool.ca.
Once they’ve pre-registered online, parents must come into their home school before the Jan. 19th deadline, to drop off required documentation and complete their registration.
Kindergarten Registration steps for all new Kindergarten students:
- Between Jan. 9-19, 2018, pre-register your child online atugdsb.ca/kindergarten
- Check for a confirmation email indicating you’ve successfully completed pre-registration
- Once you have pre-registered, go to your child’s home school to drop off required documentation to complete your registration. Required documentation:
- Proof of Age (child’s birth certificate or passport)
- Proof of Immunization (Health Record card)
- Proof of residency identifying parent/guardian’s current home address (e.g. utility/tax bill, bank statement, purchase/lease agreement)
- Verification of date or arrival/immigration documents (if child was not born in Canada)
- If you are registering your child for JK French Immersion, make sure you have completed your registration and received a FI Pre-Registration Receipt directly from the school by Jan. 19, 2018, at 4 p.m. The FI registration process is not complete until you have received this receipt.
Junior Kindergarten French Immersion
In the UGDSB, admission into the French Immersion (FI) program begins in Junior Kindergarten (JK), which is the only entry point into the program.
All UGDSB schools that offer JK FI have an enrolment cap, and there is a defined selection process for students if a school exceeds its enrolment cap.
For the 2018-19 school year, all parents wanting to register their child in JK FI must have completed their registration by Jan. 19 at 4 p.m., in order to be considered ‘on time.’
JK FI registration is considered complete when:
- The Student Admission Form is completed and submitted online (pre-registration)
- Required documentation has been brought to the home school
- A ‘FI Pre-Registration Receipt’ is completed, signed and submitted at the school
For more information on the JK FI registration and selection process, visit www.ugdsb.ca/jkfi.
Kindergarten Registration Information Nights
The UGDSB will be hosting registration information evenings to share our new online registration process for both English and French Immersion JK and SK. Parents are welcome to attend any evening that suits them.
- Monday Nov. 27, JD Hogarth PS, 7 p.m.
- Wednesday Nov. 29, Westminster Woods PS, 7 p.m.
- Monday Dec. 4, Palmerston PS, 7 p.m.
- Thursday Dec. 7, Mono Amaranth PS, 7 p.m.
- Monday Dec. 11, King George PS, 7 p.m.
We look forward to welcoming all new families to our school in 2018!