February Public Health Bulletin
Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health
February 2018 – Elementary Schools
WDG Public Health is pleased to provide elementary schools with up-to-date information on health topics for their monthly newsletters and announcements to parents. Please find below an insert you can include in your school newsletter and/or announcements if you wish. If you have any questions please contact us at 1-800-265-7293 ext. 4111 or email email@example.com
Information from Public Health
In Ontario, the Immunization of School Pupils Act requires that all students attending school be fully immunized or have a valid exemption on file. Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health (WDGPH) has recently mailed immunization notices to elementary students with incomplete vaccine records. To avoid suspension, please update your child’s immunization record by March 15, 2019.
If the student has already received the immunization(s), report them using one of these methods:
- Online: View and report immunizations at immunizewdg.ca. Sign-in using your Ontario Health Card Number or the Ontario Immunization ID (provided on your Immunization Notice if received by mail from WDGPH).
- Email: Send a copy of the record to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: 1-800-265-7293 ext. 4396
If the student needs the immunization(s) do one of the following:
- Make an appointment with student’s health care provider, bring the notice from WDGPH with you, and follow up by reporting the immunization(s) to WDGPH.
- Call 1-800-265-7293 ext. 4134 to make an immunization appointment at WDGPH.
If the student is not being immunized for medical or conscience/religious reasons:
- Access the appropriate exemption form at wdgpublichealth.ca/your-kids/vaccination
- For the Statement of Conscience or Religious Belief Exemptions a parent/guardian must also complete an immunization education session at WDGPH. For an appointment call 1-800-265-7293 ext. 4134.