Parent Retrieval of Student Items
Elora Public School will be open on June 2nd and June 3rd so parents can pick up student materials.
- K-6 students last names beginning with A – L from 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Intermediate students from 7A, 7C and 7D from 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- K-6 students last names beginning with M – Z from 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Intermediate students from 7B, and all Grade 8 students from 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Parents must complete the self-assessment tool prior to arrival: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/. If you are experiencing any symptoms, please do not come to the school. Contact the school at [email protected] and alternate arrangements can be made.
Another family may pick up your items if you are not able to. Please email the school with permission for this arrangement. [email protected]
We are hoping that most families can come during this window of time. If you are unable to do this, please email the school [email protected]
Kindergarten – Grade 6 Families – Pick Up Details
- Your child(ren)’s items are being gathered by school staff and put in a bag labelled with the individual child’s name
- They will be organized by family alphabetically in the gym prior to parent pick up
- Families will pick up their items by the front main doors of the school
- Please use the bus loop in the front of the school if you are driving
- Avoid the parking lot as this is for staff and grade 7 & 8 families
- If you are walking, meet at the front of the school maintaining proper distancing
- Staff will ask your name, gather your items and bring them to you
- You may stay in your vehicle during this time
- If your child has medication at the school, it will be included in the package gathered together
- We expect to have some tables set up outside with lost and find items that families can quickly check
- While it will be “first come, first served” during this time, we anticipate items will be passed along quickly due to the organization ahead of time. Once you have your items please exit the front of the school.
Library Books, Textbooks, Other School Items?
If you have any library books, home readers, textbooks, or other school materials to return there will be tables set outside for you to return them. If you borrowed a device for your child to participate in distance learning DO NOT return it at this time. There is still a month left of school. Arrangements will be made at a later date to return borrowed technology
Grade 7 and 8 – Pick Up Details
- You will be entering the school and emptying your child’s locker
- If you are driving, please park in the parking lot
- Those walking or driving will be entering through the parking lot doors
- Staff will be limiting the number of people in the building at once so please line up 2 metres apart as shown by the pylons
- Bags will be provided for you at the door
- You may choose to wear gloves and/or a mask when you come. They will not be provided.
- Staff can show you the general vicinity of your child’s locker and as much as possible we are pre-labelling lockers with student names
- Please ask your child for their locker combination. If they do not remember, we have a list of locker numbers and combinations….and some bolt cutters.
- If there are school items in your child’s locker (library books, textbooks), please leave them on the tables provided in the hallway
- In order to manage people through the school, you will be entering through the parking lot doors and exiting through other doors that staff will show you on pick up day
What if I have children in K-6 and Grade 7 or 8?
- Follow the schedule for your grade 7 or 8 child
- When done at the locker come to the office doors and let staff know. The K-6 items in the gym will be brought to you