Important information about the Literacy Test
TO: Parents/Guardians and Students Eligible to Write the
Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test
Each year the Education Quality and Accountability Office (EQAO) conducts the Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test (OSSLT). This provincial test measures the performance of grade 10 students on the reading and writing expectations in all subjects up to and including grade 9. Successful completion of the OSSLT is a graduation requirement. The Upper Grand District School Board is providing an opportunity to prepare for the test, which will be administered on March 30, 2020. It is a chance to spend time improving reading and writing skills with the help of trained instructors.
- a voluntary non-credit course called “Pass the Test Program” Pass The Test Registration 2019
- the course provides direct classroom instruction on the tasks of the OSSLT, with help from trained teachers
- the course supplements and extends a short test-preparation unit offered in the school for grade 10 students
- at GCVI
- free, all resources are provided for students enrolled in an UGDSB secondary school who are eligible to write the OSSLT, or who will retake the test on March 30, 2020
- offered through the combined effort of UGDSB Program Department, UGDSB Continuing Education Department, and GCVI
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at lunch in room 256
- Starts October 24, 2019
- Please bring your completed registration form to your homeroom teacher or Room 50 as soon as possible.
- If you have any further questions, please contact Ms. Bolton at 519-824-9800 Ext. 355 or email email@example.com.