Return to In-Person Learning for Harris Mill Families (January 17, 2022)
Hello Harris Mill Families,
We are looking forward to welcoming students back on Monday, January 17th, as we return to in-person learning. Please review the information below with your child(ren).
DAILY SCREENING TOOL:
- If your child is sick, please keep them at home
- Families must conduct the COVID SCREENING TOOL with their child(ren) each day and follow the next steps at the end of the screener. Students cannot be in the building with the symptoms (or any combination of the symptoms) listed on the screening tool.
- If the screener indicates your child needs to isolate, all siblings within the household also need to isolate until Public Health Guidelines have been met.
- If your child is feeling ill during the day, we will call to notify you that they need to be picked up. If any of your contact information, including emergency numbers, has changed, please let the office know.
- If your child is going to be absent, parents/guardians need to let the Office know. If you are emailing, please send your email to the school address [email protected] , and CC the teacher.
COVID 19 PROTECTIVE MEASURES:
- All students are required to wear a mask or face covering when in school or on a school transportation vehicle
- If your child rides the bus, please remind them that they must wear their mask and stay in their assigned seat
- On Monday, students will be provided with two three-layer cloth masks to add to their current supply of reusable masks
- Please send extra masks, as they can get wet during the winter months
- Parents/guardians, we also need your help to please keep reminding your children about the importance of the preventative measures against COVID-19, including distancing, masking, hand hygiene protocols, ventilation, and bus procedures
RAPID ANTIGEN TESTS (RAT):
- On Monday, students and staff will receive a package with two RAT tests, for voluntary use at home. These should only be used if your child develops symptoms. You would complete the first RAT test when symptoms are present. If the first RAT test is negative, use the second test 24-48 hours later. If positive, begin isolation. If the second RAT test is negative, students may return to school as long as it has been 24-48 hours of symptoms improving. If the second RAT test is positive, begin isolation.
- A letter included in the Rapid Antigen Test kits will indicate when and how to use the RATs
- Please visit THE FOLLOWING SITE (scroll down to the section on Rapid Antigen Testing) for additional information
BEFORE SCHOOL, RECESS, & AFTER SCHOOL:
- When students arrive at school in the morning, they will proceed to their lineup.
- At recess, they will play with their cohort in their assigned space.
- Students are still able to have a mask break outside as long as they are within their class cohort and distanced from each other
- Please be sure your child(ren) are dressed appropriately for the weather each day, as classes will be encouraged to participate in outdoor learning activities and physical activity where possible
- Please send students with extra mittens, socks and please label clothing.
- Students will continue to eat at their individual desks in their own classrooms, with distance maintained as much as possible and facing forward
- Students will put on masks when they are finished eating and are wanting to talk to friends
- If you would like to have your child(ren) come home for lunch, please contact the office
CHROMEBOOK AND CHARGER RETURN:
- For those who borrowed a school Chromebook for remote learning, please return the Chromebook and charger to your child’s classroom on Monday
ACCESS TO THE SCHOOL:
- Only essential visitors are permitted inside the school (e.g., maintenance personnel). All parents and visitors will not be permitted inside schools, except in case of emergency.
UPCOMING IMPORTANT DATES:
- Friday, January 28th is a PA Day – No School for students.
We thank you for your continued support and patience! We look forward to seeing students in person on Monday!
On behalf of the Staff at Harris Mill Public School ~ Ms. Hare