Fresh Food for Kids!
Partnering with Crown Dairy (Ontario Student Nutrition Services), The Seed, Food4Kids Guelph, and Food Banks in Dufferin and Wellington County, we will be providing snacks for school-aged children and youth, similar to what would be provided through a Food & Friends snack program at a school. Following nutritional guidelines, the food suppliers will package the food supplies to go out by delivery in Guelph or for pick-up/delivery via Wellington County Food Banks. Our goal is to provide up to 400 food packages per week for school-aged children and youth.
How It Works
▪ Parent(s) or Guardian(s) with children who attend one of our Children’s Foundation Food & Friends student nutrition program supported schools will be eligible to submit a request if they have a need for a Fresh Food for Kids package.
▪ Once selected, you will receive notification.
▪ Guelph-area families will receive a delivery to their home (porch drop-off, but there is a section on the form to add in delivery details for our volunteer drivers).
▪ We are still working out the details for Wellington County families for either pick-up at their local food bank or an at-home delivery. More details to come.
▪ Families will need to consent to sharing their personal information with Crown Dairy, their local county food bank and/or volunteer drivers so that they can arrange for either the delivery or pick-up of the food.
▪ Families will be asked to provide a thank-you that we can share with donors (we will not include your name for privacy reasons). Many of our donors are also facing times of uncertainty but are stretching to support the community out of love and kindness. We want to make sure they feel valued and appreciated for their support.
How to Make a Request
CLICK HERE to enter your request for a Fresh Food for Kids package. One entry per family.
Categories: School News