News & Announcements
Bus Cancellation Information for 2020-21:
- If buses are cancelled in Division 1, elementary schools are open to students, secondary schools are closed.
- If buses are cancelled in Division 2, elementary schools are open to students, secondary schools are closed.
- If buses are cancelled in Division 3, elementary and secondary schools are closed to students.
- If buses are cancelled in Division 4, elementary and secondary schools (*including EDHS) are closed to students.
- Please visit www.stwdsts.ca for bus cancellations. STWDSTS posts bus cancellations by 6:30am each morning.
Information on COVID-19 and school operations:
The 2019-2020 school year begins on September 3, which means it is almost time to register your child if you are new to the Upper Grand District School Board.
Due to rain in the forecast, the Special Olympics Track & Field Meet has been postponed to Wednesday May 15, 2019.
From March 22 to April 18, 2019, the Upper Grand District School Board is conducting a system-wide survey, to help the board understand the demographic makeup, diversity and ongoing needs of our student population.
Due to continued inclement weather and low visibility due to fog, the Tuesday, February 20, 2018 Long Term Accommodation Plan public workshop to be held at Norwell DSS has been cancelled. All are welcome to attend the next scheduled workshop on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 at Centre Wellington DHS in Fergus starting at 7pm.
On January 30, 2018, trustees approved a Public Engagement Plan as a part of the Board’s process to develop a Long Term Accommodation Plan (LTAP).
The LTAP is a strategic review of the Board’s facilities, population projections, and enrolment forecasts. At the end of the process, the LTAP will identify accommodation priorities for the Board. Public engagement is an important part of the LTAP process. We want to have conversations with our school communities to promote a shared understanding of local school issues.