French Immersion Program
John F. Ross is the designated secondary school in Guelph for French Immersion courses. The aim of the French Immersion program is to develop and refine the students’ ability to communicate in French as well as to expand their knowledge of the language through the study of Francophone literature. By the end of the four-year program, students will be able to participate easily in conversations and discussions; will be able to take courses at the college or university level in which French is the language of instruction; and will be able to accept employment in which French is the working language. Students, who graduate with a minimum overall average of 80% in their French immersion courses, will be granted a French Immersion Certificate “with honours”.
- Course offerings are subject to change
- Please note that additional courses may be offered in future years.
- All courses have been developed according to requirements defined by the Ministry of Education.
- Further information is available at https://www.ugdsb.ca. Click on Program Department, French Immersion, and then Program Information.
- A French Language course (FIF) is mandatory for a student to stay in French Immersion.