ITEM PICK-UP INSTRUCTIONS FOR PARENTS June 24 and 25
ITEM PICK-UP INSTRUCTIONS FOR PARENTS
Pick-up Dates: Thursday June 24 and 25, 2021
THIS PICK-UP PLAN WAS DEVELOPED WITH CONSIDERATION OF BOARD REQUIREMENTS AND PUBLIC HEALTH RECOMMENDATIONS
Pickup Times – Please arrive on either day during the pick-up time listed below which corresponds to your child’s last name:
Last name starting with A – J: 8:45 – 11:30am
Last name starting with K – Z: 12:15 – 2:30pm
NOTE: You will likely wait in line for a period of time before entering the school as we will be practicing proper social distancing practices. (Please be prepared for the weather: rain or shine!)
WHAT TO KNOW BEFORE HAND
- There is nothing in the lockers as they have been closed all year.
- Please DO NOT bring plastic bags into the school. Materials are already in bags.
- Students can bring their own backpack to collect their belongings.
- There will be no outdoor supervision and the playground will be closed
- There will be no access to classrooms or washrooms during the pickup process
- Adults and children can come to pick up belongings
BEFORE ENTERING THE SCHOOL:
- You must complete the online self-assessment tool: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/
- You wait in the designated line (cones will be 2 metres apart). This line will be at the front of the school. A person will sign you in to pick up belongings.
UPON ENTERING THE SCHOOL
- Please use the hand sanitizer provided (this will be at a desk inside the front doors)
- You are required to wear a mask as per Public Health recommendations.
Please remember to practise social distancing and keep a 2-metre (6 feet) space between you and others. Please follow the instructions of staff present. Please follow the designated route through the school.
- Arrive at the school any time during your assigned time (you will likely need to wait in line for a period of time). If you drive, please make sure that you are following all City of Guelph posted parking rules. Spaces will be provided in the school parking lot.
- Line up at the front doors, standing 6 feet from the person in front of you (there will be markers on the ground indicating the appropriate distance)
- Enter when invited to do so. Staff will sign you in.
- While waiting in line, using social distancing rules, you may claim any student medications from Mme Lambkin.
- Pre-ordered yearbooks will also be available for pick-up from Mme Katsaounis.
- Use hand sanitizer upon entering and exiting the school. It will be on a table in the front hall.
- Follow the route explained to you at the front door. Everyone will be moving in one direction. Please follow the arrows on the walls of the school.
- Student belongings will be in a labelled bag outside their classroom OR they may be in the portable.
- Claim your child’s belongings, and continue on your way. Remember that there are other parents waiting to get into the school.
- Proceed directly to your child’s classroom. If you don’t know the location of your child’s classroom, a staff member in an orange vest will be able to direct you.
- Continue to follow the arrows for any other classes you need to get to.
- If one of your children is in a portable, please go to the portable LAST.
- If you need to access belongings from a portable, please go directly to the tarmac area by the portables and line up there and wait for directions from staff.
- Once you have picked up all belongings, please exit out the back junior doors (near the portables) and return to your vehicle.
I have children at the school with different last names – when do I come?
Come during the time allotted for the last name of your youngest child and pick up belongings for all of your children.
A parent/guardian cannot come on the date/time scheduled. Can we send another family member? YES – please let the classroom teacher know ahead of time who will be picking up for your child. If this is not possible, please provide the individual picking up with a note indicating your child’s name and your name and that you give them permission to pick up.
A parent/guardian cannot come on the date/time scheduled. Can another parent with a child at your school pick our child(rens) belongings up for us? YES – please let the classroom teacher know ahead of time who will be picking up for your child. If this is not possible, please provide the individual picking up with a note indicating your child’s name and your name and that you give them permission to pick up.
Can our child pick up their own belongings?
Yes, a student can come and pick up their belongings. Please remember there is no supervision for younger children.
My child has library books to return. Can I bring them?
Yes. There will be a bin in which library books can be placed.
What will happen with unclaimed items?
Any unclaimed items will be bagged and stored until someone is available to pick up the items or the school re-opens.
When can I return technology (chromebooks or laptops)
Please return these on June 30 or July 2nd as students have access to school and on-line learning until June 29th. July 1st is a holiday and no-one will be at the school.
Please note that teachers will be taking one day to post asynchronous work for students while they get their classes prepared and organized so students can pick up their belongings. The teacher can choose to take two half days if needed. Teachers will let parents know well in advance of the scheduled asynchronous half or full day.