May School Council Meeting Minutes
École King George (KG) School Council
Supporting Education through Community, Communication, and Innovation
Meeting Minutes – May 10, 2022
In Attendance: Jane Bibby (Principal), Sarah Garrett (Vice-Principal), Christie Brown (Co-Chair), Lesley Morrison (Co-Chair), Amie Melynchuk (Co-Secretary), Erica Scime (Co-Secretary), Joyce Baker, Emmanuelle Drewitt, Ashley Dickson, Aura Carcueva, Casey McMorrow.
- Approval of the April Meeting Minutes and May Agenda.
- Principal’s Update: Jane Bibby, Principal
- Teachers are getting ready for the EQAO testing taking place mid-June this year. New totally digital format, 4 math sections, 4 language sections.
- update on Family Fun Night on June 16: Amie Melynchuk
- Family fun night June 16th, come hang out at the school 5:30 – 8:00pm.
- Mega cone ice cream truck confirmed to be there.
- Lawn games needed, questions around other food trucks, Samosas, cotton candy, popcorn or other food items for purchase. Amie plans to have snack alternatives available.
- Silent Auction Fundraiser update: Joyce Baker
- Change of auction format from online to in person. To be held same evening as family fun night (June 16th!). Poster is ready to go, idea is next level fundraising (I.e. less fundraising done really well) 3 ways to support the cause, contribute donations, ask for, or find people to donate, or volunteer for the event.
- Goal is to raise $5,000.
- Flyer will be created and shared with school community week of May 16. Money raised will go towards Scientists in the Classroom and Forest of Reading books programs for next year.
- PIC (Parent Involvement Committee) at the Upper Grand District School Board (UGDSB)
- The last PIC meeting of the 2021-2022 school year is being held on Monday, May 30, 2022, at 7pm and will be hosting a blended meeting (i.e. in-person and virtual). Everyone is invited to attend the Meet & Greet in the Board Room located at the Guelph Board Office (500 Victoria Road North, Guelph) and then stay for the meeting in-person or attend virtually.
- This is a link to where the agenda is posted and the link to the meeting: https://www.ugdsb.ca/pic/
- Heart Garden and School gardens update
- Heart Garden plans on hold at present time. Feelings brought forth that suggest a typical western style garden may not represent our desired intentions for this project.
- School Garden plans discussed, Ashley has been caring for and tending our school gardens since 2018. Any donations of plants or offers to help are welcome. Considering a family school yard clean up in the fall.
- Fundraising goals for next year
- Tarmac lines, Raptors in the Classroom, Forest of Reading, classroom whiteboards, Scientists in the Classroom
- Date reminders
- May 19 – Public Health Vaccination Clinic (grades 7&8)
- May 23 – Victoria Day – No school
- June 3 – PA day
- June 3 – JK orientation and Coffee & Comfort for new parents/guardians
- June 11 – Grad Fundraiser 9am- 1pm Car wash, Baked goods, and Book sale!
- June 15 – last School Council meeting being held at Gin Mill. It’s a social/meeting at the Spring Mill Patio (43 Arthur Street) starting at 6:30pm. All are welcome!
- June 16 – Family Fun Night (everyone is welcome!) – it starts at 5:00pm at school
- June 23 – final dancED day – make-up for the day missed due to the election
- June 28 – Graduation
- June 29 – Last day of School!
Categories: School Council Meeting Minutes