MPS Request for Technology to Support Temporary Remote Learning (December 28th)
Below is a link if you would like to borrow a Chromebook from MPS to support during the temporary remote learning period (January 4th to 8th). Please complete the form ONLY if you do not currently have a UGDSB device at home (including SEA Chromebooks). We will be prioritizing ONE DEVICE per family to support during this temporary remote learning period (either from Maryborough PS or Drayton Heights PS as we have families with students at both schools). Additional devices will be made available after we have ensured that every family who needs a device has one.
Information on when devices will be available for pick up will be coming by email prior to the end of the week. Currently, we are tentatively looking to distribute technology on the morning of Monday, January 4th.
Please click on the following link to access the MPS Chromebook Request Google Form.
Below is information regarding Temporary Remote Learning starting on January 4th:
- During the week of December 28, schools will determine the technology needs of their students. Schools will communicate with families directly about device pick-up.
- Schools will continue to support students who are unable to access technology or reliable internet.
- Teachers will post their regular weekly schedule in their Google Classroom.
- On January 4, elementary students will have access to asynchronous work posted in their Google Classroom and teachers will check in with all of their students.
- From January 5-8, teachers will provide daily instruction with a combination of synchronous and asynchronous learning activities.
Thank you in advance for your continued patience and understanding! If you have any questions, please send me an email at [email protected].