From Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health September 2019
WDG Public Health is pleased to provide elementary and secondary schools with up-to-date information on health topics for their monthly newsletters and announcements to parents. Please find below an insert you can include in your school newsletter and/or announcements if you wish. Images can be included or excluded as they meet your needs. If you have any questions please contact us at
1-800-265-7293 ext. 4111 or email email@example.com
Information from Public Health
Children that eat well, learn well. A variety of food provides the energy and nutrients needed to pay attention, learn, grow and be active! Try to include at least one food item from each of these 4 categories in your child’s lunch every day.
Protein-rich Foods (beans, lentils, chickpeas, cheese, eggs, meat, fish, plain yogurt, plain milk)
Whole Grains & Starchy Vegetables (whole grain pasta or bread, potatoes, corn)
- • Send a re-usable water bottle with water every day.
- • Involve your kids in planning and preparing – it takes
- two to mango! Kids are more likely to eat food that they were involved in making.
- • Be a positive role model. Kids are smart and always watching, so if you’re eating the veggies, they’ll likely eat them too!
- • Check out UnlockFood.ca for school lunch tips and recipes.
Watch our new YouTube video for recipe inspiration and tips (Visit: http://bit.ly/2it19CG).
For more information visit www.wdgpublichealth.ca