Monday Message – Week of Dec 3rd
Monday Message – Week of December 3 (A day late because we, and many schools in the Orangeville, Elora and Fergus area, have had connectivity problems due to a fibre optic line issue.)
1. Upcoming holiday season – For many, December is a time of celebration. Most in our community celebrate Christmas. Some families celebrate Hanukkah, Yule or Kwanzaa. However, for others, the holiday season is a time of struggle. Here at Montgomery Village, we are doing our part by hosting our Annual Staff-Student hockey game. The cost of admission? One non-perishable food item. Let’s support those in need by adding a little cheer to their holiday season by, at least temporarily, helping take the worry of food on the table off of their plate.
A select group of Grade 7 & 8 students will take on some of our current (and past) staff in a fun and exciting game on Thursday, December 20th, from 2:00-3:00 p.m. at Alder Street Arena. Feel free to join us and watch.
2. December can get busy. Please check our school calendar at www.ugdsb.ca/montgomery and your child’s classroom communication for up-to-date information.
3. A message from the co-chairs of our Winter Wonderland Dance committee:
On behalf of Parent Council and the Dance Subcommittee we would like to thank each and every MVPS family and vendor who attended the Winter Wonderland Dance. It was made a success because of the participation and excitement of all of you!
We are still working on getting everyone’s picture with Santa sent out. We are hoping that they will all be sent by Wednesday of this week. If you do not receive them by weeks end, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get it to you as soon as possible.
We were over the moon excited to find out that because of Santa’s visit and the generous contributions of our MVPS families, together we raised 300.4lbs of food for the Orangeville Food Bank.
We would also like to thank the hard work and dedication of all the volunteers who helped bring the dance together. Their tireless dedication and commitment to making the night so special for our students was reflected in the joy seen on all our students faces.
Wishing all of you a happy holiday season!
Casey & Richelle
Winter Wonderland Dance Committee – Co-Chairs
December is filled with so much fun and excitement for all of our MVPS families that we thought a few reminders of dates might be helpful this time of year:
· Fionn MacCools & Lunches Made Easy orders for January closes on Tuesday December 11th.
You need to order from every option that you are interested in at the same time in School Cash Online. If you only order some, log out and then go back to log in at another time, the options will no longer be made available for you to order unfortunately.
· Every Tuesday and Thursday morning from 8:30 to 9:00 am a parent council representative will be in the front foyer of the school to accept money envelopes from students/parents for chocolate sales. You can pick up another case of chocolate at that time or send a note with your student requesting another box and we will give it to them.
· Our next Parent Council meeting will be Wednesday December 12th at 6:30pm in the library for anyone interested in coming to a meeting. Please see meeting agenda and November meeting minutes attached to this email.
· Pizza ordering for the next block will happen at the beginning of January, we will update you with dates at that time.
· Smoothie day is December 18th for those that ordered.
· Fionn MacCools for December is Wednesday the 5th, 12th and 19th.
· Lunches Made Easy for December is Monday the 3rd, 10th and 17th.
· Pizza Pizza for December is Thursday the 6th, 13th and 20th.
***Please note that all food program dates are only for those that have ordered beforehand on School Cash Online, except for pizza. Pizza can be purchased on Thursdays in the front foyer for $2/slice***
Wishing everyone a great week!
Parent Council – Chair