Monday Message – Week of April 1
Let’s hope April is the LAST month we’ll see snow on the ground!!
PD Day – Friday, April 5 2019 is a PD Day. There is no school for students. Our teaching staff will be working along side the staff at Spencer Ave E.S. focusing on innovative practices in education.
Welcome to Julie Dean – Mrs. Dean takes over as our office coordinator starting on Monday, April 1st. Please join me in welcoming her as she begins the task of getting to know all our students, families, staff,… a monumental task on its own! (And please make it a little easier for her by coming in and introducing yourself).
World Autism Awareness Day – Tuesday, April 2 – Tuesday, April 2nd is World Autism Awareness Day. This day help bring to light the triumphs and struggles of people on the autism spectrum. Each person in our school will be creating a puzzle piece and then adding them together over the course of the day, making one giant puzzle out of many unique pieces.
Of course, I’ll up my sock game with a special pair of W.A.A.D. socks. 😉
There have been a few changes to our Parent Council Executive as unfortunately, our Chair Stephany had to take a step back for the remainder of the year.
Meagan Misev and Ximena Butko look forward to being Co-Chairs together and helping in every way we can!
Please see the attached Meeting Minutes from Wednesday March 20, 2019.
We had a successful BINGO event on Friday March 22, 2019. Thanks to all families who came out for an evening of fun.
If you or your child have any ideas for future events for the school to come together, please leave your ideas on our Parent Council Board in the main lobby of the school, or send ideas to our email address.
Our next Parent Council Meeting will be Wednesday April 17, 6:30pm-8:30pm
Meagan Misev & Ximena Butko – Co-Chairs
UGDSB Survey – The UGDSB is conducting a system-wide survey, to help the board understand the demographic makeup, diversity and ongoing needs of our student population. We are asking for your assistance in filling out this survey.
• The sole purpose of this survey is to gain a better understanding of the students and families in our communities, so that the board can program effectively and provide the right supports for every student to achieve their full potential
• The online survey is voluntary and anonymous
• The survey is open to all UGDSB staff, parents/guardians of students under Grade 4, and students in Grades 4-12+
• The survey is live until April 18, 2019
• Survey participants can access the survey at www.ugdsb.ca/diversity-data
• The above webpage also contains background info and a Q&A, which you can use to answer questions you may receive or direct parents to that webpage