Public Health Best Practices
These are the best practices key protocols and messages to be shared and followed to promote healthy learning environments.
- Screen daily prior to arriving at school/work for symptoms
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided (medical masks, eye protection, gowns, gloves etc.) including non-fit N95 and medical grade masks, eye protection for staff
- Continue to emphasize proper hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette
- Alcohol-based hand rub is available throughout schools and buildings
- Daily cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch surfaces is continuing
- Monitor the use of standalone HEPA filters in all of our classrooms and learning spaces. Standalone HEPA units must be running in all occupied spaces where they are located
- Encourage the opening of windows where possible and maximizing the use of outdoor learning spaces
- Emphasize to staff, students and visitors the signs encouraging best practices related to preventative measures
- Direct families with questions to our board website for updates: https://www.ugdsb.ca/blog/keeping-ugdsb-schools-healthy-and-safe/