Principal’s Message – February 17, 2019
Mother Nature is not a happy woman! She is particularly unhappy with Hwy 124. It has been a few weeks of unpredictable weather, particularly the winds. Let’s hope that the next few weeks are calm and that we have students in our building.
That being said we were still able to have our pasta day and salad bar last week. That you to our parent volunteers who make this possible. These items are still available to order online at School Cash Online.
These past two weeks we have been able to squeeze in the junior and intermediate speech-offs. I commend all the students who stood in front of their peers and delivered amazing, informational and inspirational speeches. Thank you to our community judges who had the hard task of choosing which speakers will represent Primrose at the Legion competition on Sunday, February 24 and at the Lions Speech competition in March.
Did you know that Primrose announcements are done through a daily slideshow that is shown in your child’s class. Each slideshow contains O’Canada, upcoming events and celebrations like Black History Month. It allows teachers to pick a time in first block that is not disruptive and it results in more students being aware of the great clubs and events happening in the school. It also eliminates a PA interruption that is difficult for some of our students. Thank you to Mrs. Anderson for organizing this for the school.
Next Week’s Happenings:
- Monday is Family Day and the school is closed. We hope you make some amazing memories with your kids.
- Tuesday – Intermediates are going downhill skiing
- Wednesday – First Term report cards go home
- Wednesday – Parsons and Kress are at Duntroon
- Wednesday – Guidance Counsellor, Christine Kennedy, visiting with the intermediates
- Thursday – Grade 5s are at Duntroon
- Thursday – School Council from 4pm to 5:30pm
- Friday – A. Hawkins and Symons are at Duntroon
- Friday – Grade 8 IPRCs