Principal’s Message – April 13, 2019
This week our focus was on kindness. On Wednesday many students showed that they stand up to bullying by wearing pink. We had an amazing assembly from the Kill It With Kindness organization. They reminded students of the importance of telling bullying to stop, walk away from the situation and talk to an adult. The organization also gifted us with a “buddy bench”, a safe place where students are able to sit and let others know they need to talk. We thank them for their generosity.
We also focused on our heart health during our kick-off for Jump Rope for Heart. Our actual event is May 3rd at 2pm. Parents are welcome to join us for a skipping spectacular.
This week School Council launched our Epicure Fundraiser in support of our Breakfast Program. Each day our volunteers prepare trays with healthy snacks for all of our classrooms. All students can take what they need from the tray. We are able to offer food to all of our students for less than a dollar per student per week. Unfortunately our funding is running out. Epicure offers healthy dips and meal kits that use minimal, natural ingredients that fit with our Healthy Schools beliefs. Please consider supporting this fundraiser and support our Breakfast Program.
Next Week’s Happenings:
- Monday and Tuesday – Teachers are working for a ½ day with their colleagues on math
- Monday – Boys basketball at CHES
- Tuesday – Boys basketball at Credit Meadows
- Wednesday – Boys and Girls Basketball at Island Lake
- Wednesday – Grade 5 visit with Indigenous Elder
- Thursday – Ms. Funston’s last day in Mr. Parsons class
- Thursday – Girls Basketball at Glenbrook
- Friday – Good Friday