Principal’s Message – May 3, 2019
Congratulations to Calista and Emily on your amazing journey in the Legion Speech Competition. We have been so proud of you as you have moved from level to level. Great work!
This week our intermediate girls’ basketball team made it to the County finals and our boys’ team came in second in their tournament. It is amazing to see how their basketball and team skills have improved over the season. Thank you to Mr. Hawkins, Mr. Benotto, Mrs. Williamson and Ms. Kelk for all your coaching. Thank you to our amazing parent drivers who get us from game to game and are the loudest cheerleaders.
This week the grade 6, 7 and 8 students participated in Empowerment Day in Guelph. They joined over 5 000 students for a day of inspiration and reflection.
Thanks to all of you who participated in our Epicure Fundraising. We raised just under $700 for the Breakfast Program.
A reminder to any student wishing to participate in the Compass Run for Food on Saturday, June 8th that the forms need to be returned to Mr Parsons – together with the $5 entry fee – by Monday 6th May. This is to ensure that the organisers have the correct number and size of t-shirts printed in time for the race. More information is available at www.compassrun.com.
Next Week’s Happenings:
- Our Jump Rope for Heart event will take place on Monday afternoon.
- On Tuesday, the Neema Children’s Choir from Uganda will be entertaining our students with songs of hope and courage during middle block. The choir will have a craft table of items that they students can purchase that supports the work of this group of amazing and talented performers. Check out this link to learn more: http://neemachildproject.org/neema-childrens-choir/
- Monday – Skills Canada Team at Provincials!
- Monday – Pasta Day
- Tuesday – Neema Choir
- Wednesday – Scientists in the School – MacKenzie
- Thursday – Salad Bar
- Thursday – Dr. Martha Rogers, Director of the Board visiting
- Friday – FTP Presentations to Grade 6 and 7
- Friday – Grade 7 Immunizations