Principal’s Message – January 7, 2022
Principal’s Message – January News
Welcome back everyone to online learning at Primrose. I know it was not what we were hoping for, but thanks to all of your incredible efforts this week, the start went fairly smooth. Thank you, as always to our amazing staff who have reached out to families, shared strategies and moved their programming online. I also want to thank our students and parents/guardians for their hard work, resilience, and patience as we have transitioned to remote learning. I appreciate your support during this time and are proud of our students, their families, and our staff. I enjoyed popping into classes to see everyone and wish everyone a happy new year. I did not have the opportunity to join every class this week, therefore I look forward to seeing the rest of the Pumas on Monday.
We were able to loan over 160 Chromebooks out this week thanks to the support from Centre Dufferin District High School. The form is now closed. If you requested a Chromebook but have not been able to pick it up yet, the office will be open for pick-ups on Monday January 10th from 9am until 4pm. Just call when you get to the school or buzz and we will run it out to you. Any chromebooks that are remaining at 4pm on Monday, January 10th will be reassigned and distributed to students who are on the waiting list for one. If you no longer require a chromebook, please email me to let me know.
Grad Photos and Picture Retake Day
Grad and picture retake day has been changes to Thursday February 24th. Please see attached fllyer.
Do you have young children starting school next year, or know someone who does? Kindergarten registration for the 2022-23 school year has started. Registration for new UGDSB Junior Kindergarten (JK) and Senior Kindergarten (SK) students for September 2022 will take place between January 4-21, 2022.
Here is a step-by-step guide for more information:
How to register:
- Pre-register online at www.ugdsb.ca/kindergarten
- Make sure you get a pre-registration confirmation email after completing the online form
- Once you have pre- registered, contact your child’s home school to make an appointment for a virtual meeting through Google Meet. During the Google Meet you will be required to show your documentation to the Office Staff and verify information to complete the registration. (Required Documents – Proof of Age (birth certificate, birth registration, Baptismal Certificate, Canadian Citizenship, passport & custodial documents if necessary – Proof of Address (tax bill, purchase/lease agreement, cable bill – driver’s license or cell phone bills are not accepted). – Verification of date of arrival/ immigration documents if child was not born in Canada.
- If registering for French Immersion, you must submit all documentation and receive a FI Application Receipt from the school office by January 21, 2022 a 4:00 pm, in order for your application to be considered “on time”.
- If you register for the English Program, please make sure you have completed your on-line registration and made your appointment with the school to share your documentation within two weeks of submitting your online pre-registration.
For more information and to pre-register online please visit: www.ugdsb.ca/kindergarten
January Wellness Newsletter from the Board
Attached please find the January Wellness Works Newsletter for parents, guardians and families.
Important dates to be aware of:
February 9th at 6:30 pm we are having a virtual school council meeting. There will be a link posted on our school website 5 minutes before the meeting for you to join by meet or phone.
January 27th is Family Literacy Day. Below is a link for ideas:
January 28th is a PA Day. This PA Day is for staff in elementary schools to write report cards.
Spirit at Primrose
- School Gear/Colour Day (Purple and Gold ) Friday January 14th
- Mismatch Day Friday January 21st
- Calling all young photographers! – If your child has a flair for photography, they are asked to submit “winter scenes” (nature only, no people please) to Jennifer Robertson ([email protected]) to feature on the morning announcements. They will start to see their pictures next week.
Public Health changes with some helpful links to WDGPH and NEW provincial guidance for COVID-19 cases and contacts
- Provincial Daily Screening Tool for school and Child Care (completed daily by staff and students )
- Provincial Guidance for COVID-19 cases and contacts
- WDGPH COVID-19 (guidance and resources for our school community)
I hope that you have a terrific weekend. I will keep you posted as I learn more about what is happening with the school beyond next week. Please continue to check the UGDSB website, our school website, Twitter, and email for important information from our school.