Ross R. MacKay is located on the main street of Hillsburgh. The students come from the town of Hillsburgh and the surrounding rural area.
The school was built in 1960 and has had two additions since then. The school site is large and grassy. After completing grade 6, most students attend Erin P.S. for grades 7 & 8.
As a Professional Learning Community, the staff at Ross R MacKay is committed to providing learning experiences that:
- acknowledge student interest
- seek out higher level thinking processes
- reflect community involvement
- provide for individual support based on student needs and abilities and,
- identify and describe racism and oppression and then work to dismantle it.
We are thankful for the continued support of our families and school community, as we navigate our return to school.