Guelph is looking for Adult Crossing Guards
Do you know someone interested in being an adult crossing guard?
The City of Guelph is currently looking for regular and spare adult crossing guards for the 2018/19 school year. School crossing guards are employed by the municipality and are a vital part of our school communities.
Crossing guards are required before and after school. Daily shifts are scheduled between 7:45 to 9:00 a.m. and 2:45 to 4:00 p.m. Days of work include Mondays to Fridays when the school is open. Time off includes, weekends, PD days and school holidays.
To become a crossing guard, you must have the following:
- The commitment to ensuring the safe crossing of all pedestrians and students to and from school
- A love for the outdoors, regardless of weather conditions
- A positive attitude and friendly demeanour
- The desire to work approximately 2 hours per day
- The ability to follow all safety regulations and report any concerns
- A clean criminal reference check