News & Announcements
Information about remote learning, COVID-19 updates
- COVID-19 vaccinations: Students ages 12 and up can pre-register for the vaccine. Check out the schedule for upcoming vaccination clinics
- COVID-19 Reporting: Cases in schools
- Parent Tech Help: https://sites.google.com/ugcloud.ca/parenthelp/
- Online Student Report Cards: Instructions for parents/guardians setting up their online account
- Summer Mental Health Support Information: Mental Health supports are available to students over the summer
April 8, 2021 – Navigating Special Education. This event features five breakout session topics, with participants given the option to select two sessions to attend.
This month, the Upper Grand District School Board’s Equity Team shared with staff a resource on addressing anti-Asian racism. We all have a role to play in learning, unlearning and working to dismantle racism and oppression in our communities.
This month, the Upper Grand District School Board recognized and celebrated Black Heritage, Black Brilliance and Black Futures Month.
This month for the Umbrella Project we are focusing on mindfulness. Mindfulness is being aware of what’s happening right now without wishing it was different.
Throughout Black Heritage, Black Brilliance and Black Futures Month, many schools have been celebrating the lives and accomplishments of Black individuals in Canada and beyond.
The Ministry of Education has revised the self-screening requirements for all students in Ontario, effective immediately. Please review the following information for important updates.
The Ministry of Education has instructed school boards to implement a targeted COVID-19 testing program in schools. The testing will be voluntary and consent will be required. Testing will be for asymptomatic students and staff only. The UGDSB is currently in the process of developing a targeted testing plan.
On Feb. 11, 2021, Minister of Education Stephen Lecce announced that the Ministry has postponed March Break in Ontario schools until April 12-16, 2021.
Following the success of the January event, the board and PIC are pleased to announce the March 4, 2021 event. This event will run from 6:30-8:30 p.m.