Accessibility and Students
The Terry James Resource Centre is committed to giving people of all abilities opportunities to participate fully in everyday life. Terry James offers the following support to ensure you are able to meet accessibility standards and guidelines for all Upper Grand students as in accordance with UGDSB Accessibility Guidelines.
- Adaptive Device Library
- Access to Overdrive/SORA which provides books in audiobook version, eBook format and read along texts.
- Instructions how to access and use Google Read & Write and Snapverter
- Assistance with navigating and ordering from CELA and AERO
- Access to Tumblebooks and TumbleBook Cloud on UG2GO
- A collection of Audiobooks available for circulation at the Terry James Library
- Additional Training: Accessibility Training Presentation Questions?
Contact us at 519-822-4420 ext. 554 or at [email protected]
Interested in getting a CELA account? Request one here
Why should a teacher have an account?
These accounts will allow educators to sign up for their own CELA Educator Account. The Centre of Equitable Library Access (CELA) is an accessible library service, providing books and other materials to Canadians with print disabilities. The educators account will allow those working in a K-12 educational institute to register and access accessible resources for their students with print disabilities.