Using Professional Magazines
Have the latest issue of your favorite journal delivered direct to your inbox. Alerts by journal title or search topic can be sent directly to your personal email address when you set up a Personal Account.
- Go to EBSCO Databases using the ‘Professional Magazines” button on the left hand side of the Terry James homepage
- The User ID and Password can be obtained from Terry James Resource Library staff.
- When searching use the ” Select All” option to get the most results, click Continue.Optional –(If you would like to create your own account)
- Click on Sign In to set up an account or login if you have done so already.
- Create a new Account – fill in the blanks and save
- Click OK to sign in. You will then be returned to the Choose Databases screen.
Setup a Journal Alert (need an account)
- Click the Publications link at the top of the screen. The Publications Screen displays.
- Select the journal title you are interested in from the publications list and click on it.
- From the journal’s Publication Details Screen, click the Share link, and then click the E-mail Alert link.
- The Journal Alert window appears, with the Subject and E-mail from address automatically filled in.
- Set your alert parameters and click Save Alert.
Setup a Search Alert (need an account)
- At the Choose Databases screen select a database. Click on Advanced Search.
- Key in your search topic and then select limiters from the list shown. When completed click on Search.
- At the results screen click on Search History / Alerts tab.
- At the Search History / Alerts screen click on Save Searches / Alerts.
- Give the search a name. Description is optional.
- At Save search as make sure Alert is selected.
- Choose from options (i.e., frequency, etc.)
- Under Email addresses key in addresses to be alerted.
- In the subject box give the search a name. This will appear as the subject line of the email.
- Make changes to email format as needed.
- Save. The next screen should say “Your alert has been created”.
- Click on Continue at the bottom of this screen. You will return to the Search History screen where you can choose another database or topic to search.
- [email protected] will send a notification of the alert to the email addresses listed.