Information from Public Health
Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health invites you to participate in a parenting survey.
The survey asks local parents about their experiences and thoughts on parenting. It also asks about parental health and well-being.
It is for parents/guardians of children who are 6 months to 11 years old, and you’ll receive a $10 grocery gift card in return.
Fun facts about vaccines!
- You are 4 times more likely to get hit by a meteorite than to have a serious reaction to a vaccine.
- You have a 0.00013 percent chance of having a serious reaction to a vaccine!
- Vaccination is among the most successful and cost-effective health initiatives; routine immunization is the foundation of the health care system and universal health coverage.
- Vaccines save millions of lives each year.
- Vaccines are for people of all ages; vaccinations are for a lifetime.
- We all have a part to play as advocates, individuals, parents, health care workers and innovators; individuals must drive the vaccine process.
- Health Care Workers have a critical role to play to counteract vaccine hesitancy.
PARENT TIP – Check out this link for tips to help your child cope during immunizations!