COVID 19 Screening Tool for Children
Self-screening can be done using one the WDG Public Health screening tool or the
provincial Self-Assessment Tool (covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/)
• Before leaving for school, all students and staff must self-screen for COVID-19
symptoms and potential exposures (i.e., travel history, exposure to confirmed
case). This includes measuring temperature for fever.
• Though screening will not catch every case of COVID-19, it is an important tool to
help keep COVID-19 from entering the school environment.
• If a student or staff member answers ‘yes’ to any of the questions on the selfscreening
tool, they must stay home from school and it is recommended they get
• If a student or staff member is symptomatic and gets tested, they should isolate at
home while waiting for their test results.
• WDG Public Health developed a screening tools that may choose to use at the following link: